Thursday 19 November 2009

There is a God!



For years we've been lectured, hectored and bullied by politicians on matters as diverse as how much we can drink, the salt levels in our diet, our body mass indexes or even the danger of using a mobile phone while driving. Actually that last one seems quite sensible to me even if a lot of people are ignoring the law. I guess that's what happens if you keep introducing new laws like they're going out of fashion, people will just end up ignoring them.

Anyway, despite a fair bit of pain in my legs, something in today's newspapers on this very subject cheered me up enormously. Deputy Leader of the Labour Party, the politically correct harridan Harriet Harman (or Harperson as I prefer to think of her because of her hare-brained equality schemes) has been informed that she's going to be prosecuted for using a mobile phone while driving. Oh yes! Thank you, God!

A court summons will be served on the condescending MP for Camberwell and Peckham after a police investigation into a crash in Dulwich, south-east London on the afternoon of July 3. Ms Harman, 59, is facing charges of driving without due care and attention and driving while using a hand-held mobile telephone, the Crown Prosecution Service said.

If found guilty, Ms Harman could face fines of up to £6,000, and have penalty points imposed on her driving licence; she could even be banned from driving altogether! That could be real bugger for her when she loses the use of her chauffeur-driven Government limo after the next election.

This isn't the first time that Harriet has had her collar felt by The Bill. The minor English aristocrat and horribly irritating former public schoolgirl likes to flaunt her social conscience by bullying the middle classes while patronising the poor. However she rarely follows her own advice and is more of a 'do as I say and not as I do' sort of person.

Isn't it nice to see a politician hoisted on their own petard for a change?

13 comments:

  1. Let's see how she feels about having her DNA taken and kept for 6 years.

    Gloria S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw this and thought it was about time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. bet she just gets a slap on the wrist

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bet she uses our money to obtain a shit hot lawyer and gets off with just a slapped wrist, she obviously thinks she is superior to us mere citizens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She was solicitor general when the mobile phone ban was introduced in 2003.Lwass are just for common people, I suppose. She's also been done for speeding twice. She was banned for 7 days for drving at 99 miles per hour on the motorway. I had no idea broomsticks could travel so fast. I wonder if they will arrest her and take a sample of DNA. Might be a bit tricky as I'm not even sure she's an earthling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uncannilly.... she looks like Deliah Smith... or have I had too much wine again ?

    Ness..

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonder if the fine will be put on expenses?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was delighted when I read this, justice for once.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope your British peers make sure she is held accountable, and also has the book thrown at her, given your comment above ET, she could not say "I did not know".....

    Regards,

    Kat from Perth :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I too am revelling in a rare touch of glee at someone else's misfortune. Harriet Harlout has her collar felt by the constabulary :-) Love it. I'm thoroughly sick of hearing about the privileged few getting away with ripping the rest of us off, breaking laws, assuming no regulations apply to them and sticking two fingers up at the rest of us.

    I'm not usually a vindictive kind of person but I'm realising I have a limit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was reported at the time that she told a witness, "I'm Harriet Harman, you know where to find me" !

    Word verification - achees !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes... that's a classic "Do you know who I am?" story, isn't it? I was going to mention it but I was already feeling nauseous by then :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Couldn't have happened to a nicer person.......and the know who I am line was a classic..... hee hee

    ReplyDelete